Rice, who doesn’t like rice it practically goes with whatever you can think of. Sadly allot of people don’t know how to cook rice without a rice cooker. Guess today that may change, well if you are one of ‘those’ people. Here’s my quick step to cooking some perfect rice in the space of 15 Min.
1 Cup, Basmati Rice
2 Cups, Water
1 tspn, Olive oil or butter
1 tspn, Cumin Seeds
- Wash your rice as you want to get rid of the extra starch on the rice, this can be done through a sieve.
- Add a cup of rice and two cups of water into the pan.
- Place the pan on a high heat until it comes to a boil.
- Add the olive oil and salt and stir. (I use butter at times as it gives it more of a creamy buttery taste)
- Turn the heat down to a low heat and cover to 10-12min.
- Turn the heat off and leave to cool for a minute or two, then serve.
There’s also many other types of rice as you may know from, turmeric rice, rice and peas, coconut rice etc. what’s your favourite type? let me know.
One thought on “Plain Rice”