Another simple dish made in a few minutes. Yes!, I’m back with another pasta dish, guess I’m going through an Italian phase. They are just so simple to cook with! For anyone who’s on a strict diet use brown pasta as an alternative. Its also best to use fresh herbs, but as I didn’t. You know, being held captive in my friend’s kitchen and all that. I could only work with what I had so the full extent of flavors didn’t really come through as much as I liked, but it still turned out great.
If you are devout vegan or into the transition to becoming one, don’t worry there is an alternative to the double cream. I’ve found that soy milk and olive oil to be a good substitute providing that same creamy texture much like that of milk and butter. Coconut milk is also a great healthy replacement for double cream. Depending on how creamy you want it you can add as much as you would like.
As long as you follow these simple steps you can either get trigger happy with the spices or crazy with the vegetables. As the words once left by the comedy maestro Kevin Hart “U do U Boo Boo”.
1 1/2 cup, Pasta
3 tbsp, Oil
1 tsp, Butter
1 tsp, Mixed Herbs
1 tsp, Dry Parsley
Handfull of Spinach
1 tsp, Dry Chilli
1, Spring Onions
2 Cloves of Garlic
3 tbsp, Double Cream
- Boil water in a pot till boiling and heat up a pan on a medium heat. When the water reaches boiling point add oil and pasta with salt. (At this point, you should also chop up the onions to your desired way and use your garlic press to crush your garlic).
- Heat up a large pan, once the pan is hot add oil and rotate the pan around until the whole pan is covered in oil. Shortly after throw in the onions, spring onions, garlic, a knob of butter and fry for 2 min on a medium heat.
- Throw in the prawns and seasoning (mixed herbs, Dry Chilli, Dry Parsley) stir for 4 min. Add the spinach and leave to cook for a minute or two, stirring occasionally till it’s reached a withered texture, then leave on a low heat.
- Throw in 2 tbsp of water from the pasta, along with the cream.
- The pasta should be done at this point so drain it and run under cold water.
- Throw the pasta into the pan, adding some salt and pepper. Stir and then serve.
Please share and comment and let me know how it goes.