So soups are a favorite amongst many but I am personally not a fan. Till now, my love and thrive for making them has grown. Once you get the hang of it, its soooo easy and you can do whatever you want. This is an old school way of making soup, we can applaud the French for that. Mushrooms are widely used in basically everything and a soup is no exception. Having allot of B Vitamins, good for your heart, skin, blood cells etc why not throw this into your diet, if you hate the texture then is a sure way to win you over. Not to mention saving you loads when it comes to your pocket and waistline.
50g, Plain Flour
750ml, Chicken Stock
150g, White Mushrooms
60ml Double Cream
Small bunch of Parley
- Add oil to a pan on a low heat. At this point have the vegetables cut (Paysanne cut) and boil some water in a kettle.
- Gently cook the veg without coloring on a very low heat. (Once water has boiled dissolve the stock and measure out the 750ml stock for later)
- Once softened add flour and stir until the whole pan is covered in flour, then pour in the stock turn the heat up and bring to the boil.
- Add the Mushrooms (Chopped), bouquet garni, salt, and pepper and turn down the heat, leave to simmer for 30min.
- Once finished take out the bouquet garni and pour it into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth (if still lumpy either blend more or pass it through a sieve).
- Pour it back into a pan over a low heat and add in the double cream and stir. Season to liking if need be then serve.
- Finish with a dash of cream on top and parsley (you can garnish the food with whatever you like).
Please share and comment and let me know how it goes.