Unlike the world famous Egg McMuffin from your lovely local McDonald’s. Instead of getting up early just so you can get there before they stop serving the breakfast option why not take your time to get out of bed and make your own world class breakfast muffin.
Of course, the toppings and style of eggs are only limited by your own thoughts. I’ll show you my take on a simple and very easy version. Around £7 is all you will need for the ingredients. let’s get started.
You will need
Salt n Pepper
- Heat up the oven for around 2-3 min on 180°c (Gas mark 4).
- Add in the bacon and turn after 5 min. Repeat and remove after another 5 min.(Place the bacon on a sheet of kitchen towel to absorb the oil)
- After the first time you turn your bacon heat up a frying pan and once hot, add in a tbsp of the olive oil leave to heat for another 2min.
- Crack the egg into the pan and reduce the heat, sprinkle salt and pepper over the eggs.(It’s totally up to you how you want your eggs, runny, well-done, scrambled, poached etc.)
- Before you flip the eggs remember to place the muffins in the toaster once cut in half.
- Once the eggs are done to how you like, cut up some washed coriander.
- Take the muffins out the toaster, pile on the bacon sprinkle the parmesan cheese and coriander.
That’s it. Simple, right? As you may have different taste buds to me, try and incorporate what you like in the breakfast muffin. you can even make a seafood version. or a heart full English with all the trimmings.
So give it a go and let me know how it goes.